PRCA Rodeo Announcer and Motivational Speaker Chad Nicholson
- 20 Year Veteran Pro Rodeo Announcer & Commercial Voice Talent
- 1995-2000 California High School Finals Rodeo
- Announcer of the 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Small Market PRCA Rodeo of the Year, the Rooftop Rodeo in Estes Park, Colorado.
- 2010 Canadian Wrangler Tour Finale, Armstrong, B.C.
- 2001, 05’ Mountain States PRCA Circuit Finals Rodeo Announcer.
- 2005 Wilderness PRCA Circuit Finals Rodeo Announcer.
- 2 time student of Zoop Dove Announcer’s School 1992-1993.
- Announcer of many time nominated and 2003 Small Market PRCA Rodeo of the Year, Rooftop PRCA Rodeo, Estes Park, Colorado.
- 2002 Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo Announcer (with Roger Mooney).
- 1998-99, 02’, 06’, 08′ California PRCA Circuit Finals Rodeo Announcer.
- 1996 Turquoise PRCA Circuit Finals Rodeo Announcer.
- 1995-96’ California Cowboys Pro Rodeo Assn Announcer of the Year.
When it comes to excitement, PRCA Rodeo Announcer Chad Nicholson is right in the middle of it helping to make it all happen. Since 1993, he has been entertaining and educating rodeo fans from coast to coast and border to border maintaining a busy schedule annually.
Chad, a native Texan, now makes his home in the Central California farming community of Exeter. But he credits his Texas roots that initially spawned his affection of the sport. A former contestant himself, Chad has accomplished much over his 19 year professional announcing career. From being selected to announce 9 PRCA Circuit Finals to the prestigious Canadian Wrangler Pro Rodeo Tour Finals, he has always maintained one simple philosophy, have fun and make sure everyone else has fun too.
There are many aspects of Professional Rodeo that keeps Chad traveling 40,000 miles per year, but probably the most important to him is the patriotic atmosphere that naturally exists in rodeo. A United States Marine Corps Reserve Veteran, Chad prides his announcing ability in his powerful, patriotic openings. “The Rodeo Cowboy is one of the last free-spirits left in America today”, he says, “and we never will forget who and what gives us the opportunity to participate in and carry-on such a great American tradition that truly exemplifies freedom and heritage.” In fact, his openings have become so popular, that he receives hundreds of complimentary emails from fans, rodeo committees, and of course U.S. Armed Forces Veterans. “There are no scripts to my openings. I just speak from the heart letting pure emotion drive the moment,” Chad said. And pure emotion coupled with his extensive rodeo knowledge and a very high fun factor is exactly what you will get from start to finish of every rodeo performance he announces.
Chad Nicholson currently serves as the lead commentator on the Professional Roughstock TV shows currently airing on Blue Highways TV Network and their official website. Nicholson’s color analysts are: 4 time World Champion Bareback Rider & Pro Rodeo Hall of Famer Marvin Garrett; 3 Time World Champion Saddle Bronc Rider & Pro Rodeo Hall of Famer Monty “Hawkeye” Henson; 5 time PBR Finalist Bullrider Spud Whitman.
When Chad is not in the announcer’s stand, you can find him on the golf course, mountain biking in the woods, or on a beach playing with his dogs Marley and Riata. You may also find him inside your radio or television performing commercials for businesses and events around the country.
Visit Chad Nicholson’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/people/Chad-Nicholson/678822033?sid=0